Re: Re: I did it!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jacob on January 18, 2004 at 15:32:07:

In Reply to: Re: I did it!!! posted by Wade on January 18, 2004 at 14:51:21:

I didn't talk to him about it really, I just told him what happened and took it easy myself.. didnt' fight for the ball in the air etc... still played tho.. kind of took a chance..

but all state is too big to risk it on, so im takling to him.. The face isnt' the only worry now, I mean what if I sprain my right wrist? or brake a finger/hand? any of those would put me out.. I just can't find anyway to logically play...

not to mention i need the time to practice, I plan to play atleast 2 hrs a day afterschool, and prolly a hr before school on the horn if possible..

My face has seeemed to heal fine, the music they picked didnt' go above a F# in the staff, so it didn't really push me but Im back to warming up on with 2 octave Bb.. and the scales they picked were C minor, D major, and Gbmajor(2octave).. didn't have a problem with the high range at all.. and i was able to do my dynamics once again. =^)

The sight reading I did, well it was the canadian brass xmas book for quintet (green book) with my 2 directors (trumpet/trombone) 2 french horns(also qualified for all state) and another trombone (all state backup) and we all sightread the book playing all the pieces through which was much much harder then any sight reading I would of had.. but it was alot of fun and took my mind of all region the day before which i needed.

I hope the coach is understanding, but soccer is for fun and if I can't do it o well.

Follow Ups: