Re: Re: Re: Royal Northern College of Music

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Karl on January 18, 2004 at 17:47:22:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Royal Northern College of Music posted by chris on January 18, 2004 at 17:15:04:

I have some first hand experience with going to the RNCM. I am attending there right now and am American. Preparations are a bit stressfull with student loans and visas and entry clearence, but once all that nonsense is taken care of it is worth it! I'm a postgrad euphonium player studying with Steve Mead, so I wont know all of the tuba specifics, but will do my best to answer any questions you got. The overall experience is great but there are some things that you might want to be aware of so you wont be in total shock when you get here. E-mail me off the board and I'll give you a first hand view of the RNCM and tips to make the transition easier, and audition info. There is no better experience musically than RNCM, the ensembles are excellent, the facilities are great, and the tutors are the best in the world i.e. Steve Mead, Roger Bobo, Jim Gourlay can't get much better than that. Let me know if you got any questions. Cheers.
Karl

Follow Ups: