Re: Uni in NZ or Aus?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John Szkutko on January 27, 2004 at 01:19:33:

In Reply to: Uni in NZ or Aus? posted by James E. on January 26, 2004 at 19:06:49:

Steve Rosse teaches at the Canberra School of Music (Australian National University). Off hand I think he might do some teaching at the Sydney Conservatorium.

Fabian Russell teaches at the Victorian College of Arts.

Craig Cunningham teaches at the Queensland Conservatorium.

I personally have been at the QLD Con and Canberra School and taught by both. Both Unis offer excellent music courses and teachers of course. I'm not sure about VCA but have heard nothing but great things about Fabian Russell.

One thing I clearly remember Steve Rosse stating (not long after he came to Australia) is that he really liked working with students from Craig Cunningham. They were of the highest standards compared to other states. This was back in the early 90's. A lot has changed since then but not to any detriment to the teaching of tuba in Australia.

Personally, I can't recommend Craig Cunningham highly enough (which is no slander on Steve or Fabian).

Where do you want to live, all seasons in Melbourne, varying extremes in Sydney or a sunny sometimes hot Brisbane?

Follow Ups: