Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone knows this tuba?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Hermann on January 28, 2004 at 03:06:02:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone knows this tuba? posted by Heretic on January 27, 2004 at 20:22:32:

Oh, don't fear Klaus, I don't feel embarassed! In contrary: I find this very interesting...

(1) I will examine my 4th valve (including the tubing) this evening very carefully and clean it once more.

(2) When I compare what you have said on rotary vs. piston instruments and what Rick Denney says on "German-Style" and "American-Style" Tubas, I have to ask you: Do you think the sound difference is due to the different valves or due to a different overall design, e.g. length of cylindrical section (which is certainly not independent of the valve type!)?

(3) Going to your first comparison: Yes, I think also, that a german "Baritonhorn" and an euphonium are quit different instruments. (Same holds for the german "Tenorhorn" and the english bariton, I think.) But is this caused by the valves or by overall design? And what do you think when you look at the british bariton (line tha Yamaha YBH-...) compared to the german "Tenorhorn"? (I would thranslate the english word "bariton" to the german "Tenorhorn", not to "Baritonhorn" as Yamaha Germany did it.)

Sorry, I think we are getting a little bit off-topic...

Dr. Hermann "who likes long and useless discussions :-)" Vogt

Follow Ups: