new make of aftermarket rotor linkage

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bloke on January 28, 2004 at 14:55:58:

I have discovered a brand ("SUPER LINK") of all-metal links that appear to be superior to Minibal, as these (new to me) links are fitted with real (albeit tiny) ball bearings mounted in a race.

The look is similar to Minibal, except that these come with a gold annodized appearance...' should look great against either lacquer or silver plate.

Expensive? yep, but of course this is a one-time purchase, and they probably are no more expensive (possibly cheaper) than Minibal.

Am I trying it out on my own tuba? Probably not. Mine works absolutely perfectly and absolutely silently with cheapo "Du-Bro" links, and I am an "If it ain't broke..." sort of person. Maybe if someday I completely refinish my F-tuba (yeah, RIGHT), I'll install these on my instrument.

On the other hand, there are many who really prefer something that is unquestionable quality - as well as appearance. The "SUPER LINK" would appeal to such a customer.

I'll still be doing the "Du-Bro" conversions, but will also offer "SUPER LINK" conversions.

The only possible restriction would be that an original stop-arm mount hole of approximately .070" or less is required (or else brazing the hole in, redrilling, and re-tapping...unless the hole is not much larger, and there is room underneath to secure with the [supplied] nut), because the diameter of the mount screw is .075". The mount screw size cannot be substituted because 1/ enlargening the hole would destroy the ball bearing race & 2/ the top "appearance" side of this link is very stylish, and only accomodates the very small screw head on the (supplied) mount screw.

I promise to post a pic or two below this post...

IT'S PRETTIER'N TRIGGER !!!

Follow Ups: