Re: Yamaha??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mike mason on July 06, 1999 at 00:17:34:

In Reply to: Yamaha?? posted by Curious... on July 04, 1999 at 22:10:46:

i hate to tell you guys but yamaha is probably THE most respected name throughout their line in the band instrument business. i'm a school rep for a music store and in our business yamaha has consistent high quality from top to bottom of their line-up.sports analogy::::: you know how a tennis player can be ranked no 1 in the world and never win a championship? all those no 2 and 3 finishes every week really add up!! this is how yamaha is. they don't make any dogs.they may not make many stradivariouses,but no dogs.we have to send almost nothing back to them. on most all other brands ,our repairman spends hours going through a shipment adjusting,repairing,and sometimes sending back horns to well respected manufacturers.not with yamaha. now i know this may not be relevant to our discussions of world class tuba playing,but ,if you think from this perspective,you see how smart and successful yamaha really is in the big picture of instrument making.ps there are an awful lot of pros using yamaha tubas :) maybe they just don't want to admit how bad their horns suck ,so they just go ahead and win auditions and play for a living anyway :)

Follow Ups: