Re: Re: college tuba instructors

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve Lamb on July 14, 1999 at 09:12:18:

In Reply to: Re: college tuba instructors posted by Joe S. on July 14, 1999 at 00:57:30:

Don Harry is a great teacher and a great guy. He has students now playing in the Syracuse (Ed Deyfus), Dallas (Matt Good), and Houston (Dave Kirk) symphonies. There are quite a few solid players in the studio, and we all get along great with one another. As far as auditioning goes, I would definitely suggest auditioning in person. It is possible to get in with a tape (I did it), but your chances are definitely better auditioning in person. The normal number of freshmen tubists accepted is 1-2. The tubist with the Rochester Philharmonic, Jeff Anderson, is incredible, and I would definitely suggest taking lessons with him if possible. (I'm planning on studying with both Jeff and Don in the fall.) As far as money goes, Eastman has both merit based and need based scholarships. If you need more, they'll try to get you more. If anyone has any questions about the school or the studio, I'll be more than happy to give an honest answer. I left a link to Eastman's website for those who want to browse the school a little more.

Follow Ups: