Re: Re: Comparisons between tubas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Al on July 05, 2000 at 21:58:13:

In Reply to: Re: Comparisons between tubas posted by skeptic on July 05, 2000 at 16:43:21:

I don't expect to win a large scale, outsanding job right out of college. But preparation for all situations is my policy. I know there are some people who have won big time jobs without finishing college. I know these people have to play incredibly well too. Am I on their level? NO WAY! Did I ever say I was? I'm sorry if it came across that way. I asked a question about tubas. I need a tuba that can won't keep me from winning a job. If this means it has to be a Conn because the audition commitees in general don't like the sound, appearance, or size of anything else, then that is what I need to get. That is the basis for my question. I am a junior in high school, and need to get a tuba now, so that I know it perfectly when I do audition for jobs. I have a right to dream high, regaurdless of what opinions others hold about my ability or potential. That is truely how things are accomplished, and I will continue to dream and do whatever it takes to make them reality. Thank you for your advice. I value the opinion of my fellow tubist, no matter how diverse the responses.

Follow Ups: