Re: high schooler buying a tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kevin Eckelkamp on July 07, 2000 at 11:46:37:

In Reply to: high schooler buying a tuba posted by Tubagirl on July 07, 2000 at 01:15:32:

Hello Julie! Nice to see a young woman who plays tuba finally! I am 15 myself and I just recently purchased my own Sousaphone. These guys are very trustworthy, I assure you! They always give me great advice. You could advertise or call schools or those other things that they said, but I do agree that you should DEFINITELY check out eBay. Ebay always has 30-70 "tuba" items, most of which are good looking tubas. You have to bid, but you have a good chance of winning a very decent tuba. I don't know why the other guys would want you to consider a CC, that's a totally different fingering chart! Stick with what your familiar with. I prefer the Sousaphone anyday over the tuba, so it's to bad they won't let you play a nice shiny Sousaphone!:) Ebay is perfectly safe, just a bunch of guys trying to sell thier used tubas. Plus, the pictures are very nice to look at!:) E-mail me if you want, I always love to talk to female tuba players!!:)

Sousaphonically,
Kevin Eckelkamp

Follow Ups: