Re: Re: Interlochen Concerto Winners

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on July 07, 2000 at 22:33:59:

In Reply to: Re: Interlochen Concerto Winners posted by Hreha on July 07, 2000 at 14:49:12:

I would guess the VW would be the concerto that prevails most often. I do know that Heiko won the first time with the Bozza. I know that because he heard me compete with it in the University division, where I was a finalist, the year before he won. We talked alot about the piece and then I heard he had won with it the following summer. It was funny, the discussions we had at that time. Heiko only brought an F tuba with him to camp that first year and the very first week of challenges, the WYSO played Ride of the Valkyries. We had many a discussion about whether F or CC/BBb tuba was the appropriate horn for an orchestral tuba player, and also for solos. I used my CC tuba on the Bozza and he couldn't believe that. I didn't know Heiko had won twice and that means Heiko went at least three summers!

Interlochen really is a great experience and anybody who wants a musically rewarding summer camp should look into it, regardless of the cost. In my mind, it is the best summer music camp at the high school level. If you get a chance, go!

My opinion for what its worth...

Follow Ups: