Re: Re: New rose Mouthpiece?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David L. Allen on July 13, 2000 at 18:31:04:

In Reply to: Re: New rose Mouthpiece? posted by Rick Denney on July 13, 2000 at 09:48:04:

I personally love my TW (Terry Warburton) Rose MP. It has essentially the same Diameter rim (33mm) as a PT88 (which explains Rick "insert blurb here" Denney's high range woes with it) Inside the cup however is a strongly pronounced bowl shape and it is not quite as deep as the PT88. It is an interesting MP and I fell in love with it after Mr. Rose was A/B'ing my sound with the PT88 and TW Rose (I, being an honest person refuse to mention that "other company"). I feel like I have a lot more control over my instrument and more focused sound with the Rose than the PT88 although I perfer the larger PT88 for any extended loud low playing ie Fountains, Ride, Prok #5, ect... I believe the large diameter rim coupled with the meduim cup depth suits me well for amost every general situation. I have not problem with high range playing I can get Bydlo and Berloiz R&J to work rather well on big Mel although that is not the MP I perfer to use. I have an R&S HHII for that.

Follow Ups: