Every hornless tubist's dream

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Devin on July 13, 2000 at 18:37:52:

Because of the fact that I'll be enlisting in the Air Force in the next few weeks, it has occured to me that I'm going to be running into some good money, especially due to the fact that I won't have to pay for food, or room and board. With that in mind, that means I've got money to spend (or rather, I'll have money to spend). I've already decided that I'm going to get a 6/4, most likely the Yorkbrunner or the Neptune. Now, after reading the "Life Liberty and Pursuit of CC tubas" strands, it makes total sense that I'm going to need a small(er) CC for the smaller ensembles. I was thinking that an F tuba would be able to take the place of that, and I guess in certain settings it would. But, I'd like to know where I could find a used 4 quarter (or even 3 quarter) sized horn for anywhere in between $2000 and $4000 dollars. Just as well, where might I be able to find a used F within the same price range? Sorry if this sounds brash or arrogant. I'm just really happy about the situation. No hard feelings?

Devin

Follow Ups: