Besson 982 Eb for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by DaveC on July 14, 2000 at 16:10:15:

I've decided to sell my Besson 982 Eb tuba. I recently purchased a MW 2141 and haven't looked back. I also stumbled across a factory 4v Chicago Holton Eb front action. Matt Walters was nice enough not to laugh at me when he spotted the simple problem I should have seen with this horn and now I have the large Eb and the small Eb. So the Besson goes on eBay. I realize that may not be popular with some BBS'ers, but I feel this instrument is worth the money I'm asking, which is $3000. There, you guys know now what those eBayers don't -- my reserve. I'm pretty firm on that price, but I do want to sell before the summer's out. This is the best Besson I've ever played, including the new 983's. For a fuller description, follow the like to the auction site.
PS. This horn has an interesting history, which I'd like to trace. If you recognize it (it was at Dillon's when I bought it, but they got it from David Fedderly), please email me with your bad opinion and post your good opinion as a followup ;>) Thanks

Follow Ups: