Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kanstul CC

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on July 19, 2000 at 09:04:19:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kanstul CC posted by Joe S. on July 19, 2000 at 07:05:20:

My less than nice views on the 600 series partly come from the sound output. And partly from the work a seller/repairman had to invest in a couple of 600-series cornets he had sold.

This seller/repairman has a high reputation, which he does a lot to maintain.

But the "rescues" he had to put into the rattling bottom valve caps was more than these so-called instruments really did deserve. He is not selling such instruments any longer.

I have any possible respect for taxpayers money and for limitations in school budgets. Worked in such systems for years. But nobody will ever convince me, that the "cheap" buying of instruments, which do need more hours of high qualified craftmanship in the shop just to get sellable, than the factory ever used in the production phase, is a sound investment (very bad wording, but I could not do it better right now).

The Brits are not notorious for well finished instruments. Outsourcing has not bettered that situation.

In my eyes companies like Yamaha, Jupiter, and even Weril are better providers for the school market.

Klaus

Follow Ups: