Re: Best CC for a Eb user?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on July 23, 2000 at 21:58:51:

In Reply to: Best CC for a Eb user? posted by Kris on July 23, 2000 at 12:46:12:

I myself play on CC and Eb tubas. What CC you pick depends on the Eb you currently have and also what you wish to accomplish with the combination. I use a four tuba setup that comprises a large and small pair of each, two CC's and two Eb's. This gives me a "spectrum" of sounds and utilities to choose from when I want to play in just about any situation. My first pair of horns was a Yamaha 321 Eb and a Rudolf Meinl 4/4 CC. Neither of those instruments is particularly large or small and I feel that they offer a nice balanced pairing. If your Eb is small or medium sized, you might want to consider the 4/4 CC tuba that plays best for you and plan to spend most of your time on CC. If your Eb is larger sized, you might want to consider a 5/4 tuba and plan to use your Eb more often than average. In any event, I would advise you to pick your instruments so that they complement each other and that they specifically help you to achieve whatever goals you have in mind.

My opinion for what its worth...

Follow Ups: