Re: Brasswind Tuba sales person

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on July 24, 2000 at 16:17:05:

In Reply to: Brasswind Tuba sales person posted by anonymous on July 24, 2000 at 07:38:59:

The official word I got was that Mike Russo, a former student of mine, was hired for the "clinician" position. Mike explained to me that they were dividing Charlie Krause's old job into two parts, one focused on sales and the other focused on clinician work. Mike told me he got the clinician job though he's under no delusion that he'll have to sell horns as well. For those of you who don't know Mike, he's a graduate of the Interlochen Arts Academy, and the University of Michigan. He's taken lessons from myself, Fritz Kaenzig, and most recently from Dave Zerkel, as well as a few others.

I'm sorry to go on about Mike but I'm just so proud of this career move for him. He is a marvelous player and a very smart guy. I think he'll do very well at Brasswind and I think those that deal with him will find he's refreshingly different from the run of the mill tuba salesman. Mike never pulls punches and I'm so happy to see someone in that position that I know will always tell folks the straight dope. Its also very nice to see someone work hard for a number of years and finally reach a position that he can really enjoy. Congratulations Mike and best wishes in your new job!

Follow Ups: