PJBE blues

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Richard on July 26, 2000 at 19:09:20:

Today I received a reply from our export manager in Japan. I am sorry to tell everyone who responded with such enthusiasm, that the Japanese edition of the PJBE box set sold through, and is no longer available. I suspected this possibility, but with so much interest I felt I had to give it a try. My store and and others in key classical markets import regularly from a source in London. We do less from Japan because most of the titles are available at lower prices from London, or even domestically. This one slipped through the net.

In an earlier posting, I suggested that PJBE fans email the core classic catalog VP at Universal. He's a tuba player, and a fan. He wants to reissue PJBE. But he needs encouragement. And something to show the powers-that-be. Email him at:
joe.szurly(AT)umusic.com

Whatever you may have heard about the formerly great classical labels, Universal (London, DG, Philips) and EMI are the two that seem to be making real though cautious efforts to keep classics afloat. At BMG (RCA) the chips have not entirely fallen yet, and at SONY (Columbia Masterworks) it's just suits paying off their mortgages - they could care less.

So email Joe and tell him you'll BUY PJBE!

Follow Ups: