Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What do you want out of a music store???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on July 26, 2000 at 21:36:37:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: What do you want out of a music store??? posted by Pete on July 26, 2000 at 18:28:24:

I didn't even know that Laskey made his mouthpieces with different shanks until I bought a spare 30H from another member of this BBS. He was the one who told me about it. When I first got a 30H, I spoke personally with Scott and he sent me what he thought was the appropriate mouthpiece with the "E" shank. The only reason I know this is because the letter "E" is written on the box the mouthpiece came in. To be honest, the 30H "E" (European) shank performed so well for me that I never bothered looking into the other. If what I've heard is correct, the other shank is designated "A" (American) which is a smaller shank for American receivers. This also confused me because my Nirschl is a copy of an American horn but the receiver accepts the "E" shank mouthpiece just right.

In any event, mine is an "E" shank and I've never tried the other so I don't know if it even makes a difference on your Holton, though I expect it does. You might try and find somebody local who has an "E" shank mouthpiece and see what it does for you. Good luck!

Follow Ups: