car wax on tubas... and email address

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe S. on July 28, 2000 at 22:04:57:

Today, a used horn dealer dude pulled up in my parking lot with a U-Haul trailer full of fixed up sousas (other horns too, but the sousas took up most of the space).

He was talking about how he had all the dents removed from them, and he made the decision to have "El Especiale Customme Repair Dude Guy" WAX them (like some of you have mentioned) instead of spraying clear lacquer on them. He said the wax jobs were to "keep from taking off too much metal" (??????).

Well, just like I told you, his wax jobs had done NOTHING to prevent tarnish. They all (within a couple of weeks or so of the original polish jobs and after several "rewaxings") had several big brown tarnished areas and a bunch of ugly brown finger and hand print smears. It looked like the "EECRDG" had done a fairly acceptable "B-" job of polishing those sousas up. It seems really dumb to not have sprayed lacquer on them at the time, as they will all be completely brown in another couple of weeks.

Incidentally, I didn't buy any of them. He was asking prices equivalent to tip-top ebay "end of auction" prices, some of them were sort of halfway "off-brand", and with no lacquer and turning brown fast... NOT a good deal for me, much less for my customers.

OH !!!...EMAIL...
Please forget the new email address, and resume the sellmansberger(AT)worldnet.att.net I was trying to switch over to approx. 800,000 bps "RoadRunner" service, which required a 16 bit slot for a network card inside my computer. (My computer here only has an 8 bit slot.) I bought two different fancy Beneath The Valley of the Ultra Super-computers, neither of which would boot up. (The techs at the store said I was right...Both were no good.) Later, after beginner band rental time is over, I will shop for a big fancy new computer again, when I have more time...Hopefully, one that will boot up. Oh, and no computer buying advice, please, as I really don't have the time right now to deal with it. (thanks)

-Joe

Follow Ups: