Re: Re: Re: Re: Laskey 30H works great

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris Hall on July 29, 2000 at 16:32:16:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Laskey 30H works great posted by Moises M. Carrasco on July 28, 2000 at 21:05:52:

The rim is only a slight bit LESS sharp than the mpcs. Scott designed while at Schilke. It is a VERY small difference; some of you may notice a difference in "feel" (or "comfort"), but not with regards to clarity of articulation, and definition of sound.

I play on a 30G, which is the Geib shape. Internals seem almost identical to Schilke Geibs, but the external shape (blank design) is the best I have ever seen, or used. Most players seem to find that the Helleberg shape is better on piston horns, and the Geib shape is better on rotary horns. I like the Helleberg sound a lot, but the Geib just "fits" me better, on both types of horns, and I know others who prefer the Helleberg on both piston and rotary horns. Everybody is different, right?

I highly recommend these mouthpieces. I would also recommend his trumpet mouthpieces to any trumpet-playing friends you might have; I have heard these a lot, in the past year or so, and think that they are the best out there. Check them out.

Happy tootin', CJH

Follow Ups: