Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Leaks in the mouth area

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joseph Felton on July 29, 2000 at 21:10:02:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Leaks in the mouth area posted by Jay Bertolet on July 29, 2000 at 19:51:22:

Right on!

I agree wholeheartedly! :)

To clarify what I was getting at just a little bit.. I think it is *very* important to have a working understanding of how different aspects, such as air tongue and embouchure, relate to one another. A good teacher should have a solid grasp of these concepts and be able to convey them through example and mental imagery. I think we agree here. There are certain 'principles' that I tap into on a regular basis to help troubleshoot problems. These principles, or concepts, are such things as keeping a consistant sound, being aware of sudden unnecesary efforts, knowing how air interelates with pitch dynamics and articulation, and how to break things down and practice them in an effient manner. I have a lot more luck working with 'principles' than i do with mechanics.. which aren't very reliable to begin with. I think. Perhaps instead of saying that I focus on product I should say that I focus on product via principle? That just sounds wierd and probably isn't quite right either.

I was in no way thinking critically of your attempt to analyze someone elses embouchure problems.. actually the thought didn't even cross my mind. That topic just didn't excite me much so I didn't give it any thought. I never intended any reference to that topic in my original post. I'm pretty sure if my face leaked I would find a good teacher to emulate and experiment until I found something that didn't leak.

such is life :)
joseph

Follow Ups: