Re: A few serious questions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Baker on August 01, 2000 at 12:53:19:

In Reply to: A few serious questions posted by Jay on July 31, 2000 at 01:07:35:

My remarks assume that the 'past experiences' had to do with amateur pharmacology. I remember when they called me to ask about my best friend, who used to light one up once in awhile. He's been clean for years, but when they asked if I was aware of him EVER using illegal drugs, I had to tell the truth. Turned out he had already told them. He got the clearance (Top Secret, to work on radar antenna design). Shortly after that, I applied for a Secret clearance, owned up to MY past, and also got the clearance.

But suppose just doing the right thing is not enough for you. Ask yourself, is there even ONE person who knows about what you've done who fits into one of the following categories:
1) ticked off at you;
2) might be ticked off at you someday;
3) wouldn't be willing to risk prison to cover your tracks;
4) honest.

If such a person exists, they will find him. You might not be able to be in the President's Own, but I don't believe you will be disqualified for other bands IF YOU ARE HONEST. If you lie, you burn a lot of bridges for life, and if you are young enough to be considering this, life is a long time! If you disqualified yourself by your actions, be man enough to accept the consequences.

To those who HAVEN'T made this mistake yet, PLEASE understand that there are SOME opportunities you will deny yourself if you do drugs EVEN ONCE. If nothing else, when you get to be my age, every time you can't remember something you'll have to wonder if you did it to yourself. It's just not worth it.

Follow Ups: