Re: Symphonia workshop at Brevard was great!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve Dedman on July 02, 2001 at 12:36:39:

In Reply to: Symphonia workshop at Brevard was great! posted by Paul Gramann on July 02, 2001 at 11:32:02:

I'll second that!

What a weekend! Even if there's not a workshop connected with it, go hear Symphonia. The level of playing was only equaled by the level of instruction. I didn't know I could absorb AND retain so much information in two days! I'm still sorting it all out. The best thought of the weekend, from A. Jacobs via Dan Perantoni: don't think too much; just play.

The musicians/clinicians/masters that were there were: Tom Ashworth (Univeraity of MN), Larry Campbell (LSU). Neal Corwell (free lance[yes, a successful free lance Eupher]), Hank Feldman (free lance-Tuscon, AZ), Michael Grose, (soon to be at U of OR), R. Winston Morris (TN Tech U), Dan Perantoni (IN U), John Stevens (U of WI-Madison), Tim Northcut (Cincy Conservatory), Scott Watson (U of KS), and Denis Winter (U of Central AR). No matter what you play, some study with any or all of these men is highly recommended. They are all very gifted, both musically as well as in terms of teaching ability.

Can't wait to see the pics, Paul.

As an aside, we got to hear some of the students at Brevard play as well. Gang I'm here to tell you that some of these kids are playing at a really high level; watch your back...

Steve

Follow Ups: