Thanks a lot!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jason June on July 02, 2001 at 19:53:30:

I wanted to thank everyone who read my post and responded to it about attending Curtis. Everyone (almost) was a great help. I haven't had a chance yet to study with many musicians. I thought that I would give a little history about myself. I am attending Williamsport Area High School in Pennsylvania. My school has a very strong music program. I believe it is one of the best in the state(maybe even country). Right now I am taking lessons from one of our choral directors that also studied the tuba in college. He has studied with Arnold Jacobs. After reading a transcript from Mr. Jacobs I found out that my teacher uses some of Mr. Jacobs teaching techniques with me. In my opinion those techniques are the best I have ever heard. They are to the point and very easy to follow. I only wished that I could've studied with Arnold Jacobs before he passed. Now I'm lucky to taught by someone who was taught by him. I feel that my teacher is doing a great job and is really getting me ready for college.
In my previous post I only asked about Curtis. I found out a lot of very useful information about that institute. I was hoping that someone could tell me about some different schools that are great for music. What are the teachers like? How good are their performing groups? Any tips for an audition. Really any information would help. I would also like some information about who to have lessons with. If you would like to talk to me personally please feel free to e-mail me.

Follow Ups: