5 valve CC on auction

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on July 07, 2001 at 20:32:14:

Well aware that this board should not be eBaying too much I still can not avoid mentioning a finding on the German auction site. Description translated by me from the page linked to below (sadly no picture):

Heading: "Unique tuba offering!"

"The tuba for the absolute pro: "B&S" nobletuba in C (CC), 50 cm bell, 5 valves, brass laquered, with Suoper-Gig-Bag, demo instrument, condition as new! Price from new about 20000,-DM! Shipping: to be payed by the buyer, according to agreement."

There is one catch however: The seller will only ship within Germany. But from my own experience, I can say, that if you do contact the sellers prior to bidding, most of them will accept foreign bidders as well. The screen name of this seller might suggest, that he can read English.

All of you have good online/paper/TV sources for calculating the $ to DM exchange rate, but alone my simple rule of thumb, that the $ is a bit more than doubling the DM, will tell that this instrument might be a very relevant offering even across the pond.

Why I do not buy it myself? 2 tubas and 2 sousas somehow seem to cover my needs. And I am not into the CC game. Furthermore I have found interesting euph sources. Which I of course will not reveal.

Klaus

Follow Ups: