Re: Besson 985 F Tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by fun with Babelfish on July 09, 2001 at 15:23:36:

In Reply to: Besson 985 F Tuba posted by Steve W on July 09, 2001 at 15:04:28:

I actually understand German fairly well most days, but I'm feeling lazy and mischevious, so I offer the translation of the press release as performed by altavista's automatic translater:

Beside the proven IT and b-front Action tubes presents to BESSON now the " front Action" tuba 985 in F. compared
with the traditional Sovereign tubes is singular the new models in sound, speech and Intonation. Their fire-new
Design is it valves being situated in front equipped m, which use a complete compensation system. With their weight
of 8,2 kilograms the instruments 12 per cent are easier than conventional tubes. Further the tubes have also in each
case a new Mundr ear and an adjustable daumenring. The diameter of the schallbechers of all front act ion tubes
amounts to 483 mm. The blowing characteristics are outstanding, guarantee a light speech and a exzellente Intonation
- in particular also in the deep registers. The instrument offers a dynamic, non-standard sound, i.e. on the one hand a
very soft sound for melodioese passages, on the other hand in addition, loud and strong sound in fortissimo. The
moderate feathers/springs ensure a completely noiseless play of the valves. Patented silicone rings serve as silencers.
Further act ion tubes have the front four steel valves, which enable a fast and calm internal message play of the valves.
{ o

Sounds like just the horn for all of your dynamic, non-standard needs. Actually, I am kind of curious about it -- looks like a compensator -- will it be available in the US?

Follow Ups: