Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Does anyone know what this horn is?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brad on July 16, 2001 at 12:06:26:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Does anyone know what this horn is? posted by Klaus on July 16, 2001 at 11:10:03:

Hopefully, I can get the horn, if I haven't advertised it to much here : )

I'm just a poor kid from the farm, and always used school horns, and I just want one of my own. My wife isn't musical, and would just prefer that I 'borrow' horns. But I'm 40 now, and think that I can have a toy of my own.

I have a great repair shop a couple of miles away (Haas Music, in New Brighton - MN, a free plug). They did a great job on my $125 Ebay Besson Baritone. But we had a tuba shortage in community band (see link) this summer, and the band director discovered that my main instrument has always been tuba, after I had been sitting in for most of the year on valve (see image)Trombone and Baritone. So now I think that I've come to my senses and am returning to my first instrument. My son has commandeered my shiny 'new' besson baritone for 5th grade band anyhow. If I get the Tuba, I'll have an instrument for him to move to, or for my second, large-bodied son to play(that's how I got picked).

Please have a heart and don't bid against me. I just told my wife I want it last night, so I am already into payback big-time (you know, like, "We could use the money to pay down the VISA, fix the driveway, buy groceries," etc.).

Brad

Follow Ups: