Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Should I use CC for Band?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by From Parts Unknown on July 16, 2001 at 21:30:44:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Should I use CC for Band? posted by dp on July 16, 2001 at 20:50:07:

I can see your side of the story, and telling this next little "dittie" will no doubt give away my identity to a few (who I would ask to "behave"), but here goes...

I participated in marching band every year, but not like you might think. I was the drum major of my high school band my last two years, and the drum major of my college band all four years. Throw in a little drum corps on the side and you might be quite amazed to know that with all of that "neglect", I managed to be first chair in region and state in high school, and first chair in the top performing band and tuba ensemble in college. The marching field doesn't hurt your desire, it makes sure that the desire is actually there. Oh, and this veteran of the marching wars still picks up a few dollars for playing the tuba. There isn't an outside "enemy" where tuba playing is concerned, and Friday night never ruined anyone's chance at a pro gig. It's the "concept" that it might that plays the role of the "boogie man" in this scenario. Play tuba, have fun, and PRACTICE! The desire is what makes or breaks you, not a football field.

Follow Ups: