Re: Re: Re: Re: more tuba travel issues

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on July 24, 2001 at 07:37:59:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: more tuba travel issues posted by Klaus on July 23, 2001 at 17:01:15:

Yes, and the airlines seem to attract the officious and uncooperative to a greater extent than other professions, except perhaps banks and post offices. And, of course, government offices. SAS shares this trait with every other airline I've travelled, with the exception of Southwest Airlines--the only consistently cheerful and helpful airline I've flown. But Southwest also ran my F tuba through baggage claim instead of handing it to me plane-side as they promised, though there was no damage.

And I certainly won't presume to know the best places to tilt adult beverages in Copenhagen, and I'm sure the prices at Nyhavn are higher than elsewhere. But sunny it is, even at 10PM if you are there in June as I was, and the scenery was breath-taking. The boats were scenic too.

I say this without blushing even though I'm now married: Copenhagen had the prettiest, most unaffected and unselfconscious girls of any city I've ever visited, and the shining stars of that already high-ranking category demonstrated their superiority in the expensive restaurants of Nyhavn. Though my own attention didn't wander that way, I'm quite sure that my wife would have been impressed, too.

Rick "who appreciates natural beauty, especially when it wears a short skirt and rides a bicycle" Denney

Follow Ups: