Re: Re: Re: CC Cerveny

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on July 24, 2001 at 18:26:01:

In Reply to: Re: Re: CC Cerveny posted by Mark F. on July 24, 2001 at 17:38:56:

Without intending to let this discussion end up as a launching ramp for a RD’esque horror show on basic philosophies like "Which microphone was used to record the sound track of Socrate’s death?" (It was a Plato version 1.0.0), I will stand by my reply to the original poster.

I made a specific answer based on the page I linked to. That page has exactly one (1.00) appearance containing the CCB 686-5 combination of letters and digits. There is an "I" suffix, about which a reading of that page opens up for a deduction, that it means all 5 valves operated by (the) right hand. Lining up pretty well with the CCB 686-5I model description: V.F.CERVENY CC Tuba, 5 rotary valves [5+0], bore 20.0mm (.787"), bell 450mm (17.7"), ht. 920mm (36.22"), lacquer.

I have never claimed that the present Denak management is governed by any consistency of mind, so if they mostly spew out models inconsistent with their own catalogue descriptions, I do not feel the slightest degree of responsibility for that.

I am pretty well aware, that other Cerveny models have a 4+1 set-up. But my answer did not make even the most minuscule attempt to encompass them in my answer.

BTW, nice pic. What do you feed that animal? Heavy hex nuts?

Having a tendency to fire heavy guns, when my specific replies are interpreted as being general dittos.

True to my sources:

Your

Klaus

Follow Ups: