Re: Re: Re: Re: Eb recommendations

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bill on July 24, 2001 at 19:19:50:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Eb recommendations posted by Seeker on July 24, 2001 at 15:58:19:

Intonation doesn't change radically with mouthpieces I use on my Willson. For a deep mouthpiece and a great full sound, I use a Doug Elliott with a very deep bowl and a very open back bore. For a lighter sound, I use either a Bobo Solo or a Conn Helleberg 7B. The best all around mouthpiece I have used is a Conn 2, of all things. I would like it even better if it matched up withthe "gap" as well as the Elliott "E" shank does. I also like a Dillon FB2 for a light sound and a Dillon Chief 3 for a fuller sound, again, these would be better if the gap matched up better. The Willson has a slightly larger receiver than the standard American horn and, once you have played the correct shank to receiver gap, you will be reluctant to play an incorrect one.

If you want to see the story about my selecting the horn, look up the Willson newsletter from DEG. I tell the story there and how my wife (also Swiss) was affected by the horn.

Follow Ups: