Re: Re: Re: Re: yet even more tuba spectra

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kenneth Sloan on July 26, 2001 at 17:01:39:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: yet even more tuba spectra posted by Kenneth Sloan on July 26, 2001 at 16:44:50:

OK, OK...this time for real, Rocky.

The mystery of the missing D is still with us.

When recording, I actually played the Bb Major scale in both directions. When sampling, I tended to choose the descending version, because a cursory look at the waveform indicated that these notes were slightly better (judging simply from uniformity in level).

In the first version of this screw-up, I used the D from the descending version. Then I duplicated it and called it C, too. So, I fixed that. Then I re-sampled the C and got something that looked nice, until I noticed that it was identical to the C again...this time for a different reason (how many ways are there to screw up?) Finally, I looked (carefully, this time) at both the D from the ascending version and the one from the descending version. They are similar, but the ascending version has a teeny peak that just makes it over the -64dB cutoff used in the display). So, that's the one posted, now. At least it indicates that I was playing a D! But...where did the fundamental go. Rick suggests that the room may have swallowed it. yeah, that's the ticket.

I'll go and sit in the corner, now.

Follow Ups: