Re: Re: Re: Pt-4, Mirafone 188, Conn 56j, which best

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Roger Lewis on July 02, 2002 at 21:11:26:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Pt-4, Mirafone 188, Conn 56j, which best posted by Rick Denney on July 02, 2002 at 15:17:05:

I have to agree with Rick on this one. Looking at the specs on all three the Miraphone has the largest initial bore, though the PT4's graduated bore does end up bigger. But I believe that the Miraphone is a graduated bore as well now but the web page doesn't say anything about this. The bell on the Miraphone is 17 3/4" while the Conn is 20" and the PT4 is also 17 3/4". I feel that the Miraphone will be a good all-around horn and give you plenty of "bang" for the buck. It is versatile and will, as Rick so well pointed out, carry a large ensemble as well as be appropriate for other situations. The heigth of the Miraphone bell will give excellent projection and it comes in both yellow brass and gold brass. The gold brass does add a unique "flavor" to the sound. The low register is nicely open and I believe that the horn would do well for you.

The Brasswind just got in a shipment of about 30 crates of Miraphones just today (that would be about 60 instruments). I'll try to find out what the inventory was on those and let you know how many 188s were there and how many of the yellow and the gold.

I'll post back here tomorrow.

Roger Lewis

Follow Ups: