Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pt-4, Mirafone 188, Conn 56j, which best

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Someone Else on July 03, 2002 at 09:58:13:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pt-4, Mirafone 188, Conn 56j, which best posted by to a g in v on July 03, 2002 at 09:32:06:

It is pretty obvious to the rest of us who this is, it would be too easy just to tell you. On the other hand I think that many of us agreed with his original comment. There was really no need to post this question 4 or 5 times with different wording each time.

You have now seen the same recommendations multiple times. I prefer the Conn 56J to the Miraphone 188, but I prefer pistons to rotors. Any of the horns in your price range, which include the Conns, Miraphone 186 or 188, Meinl-Weston 2145, Getzen G50, PT-4, and others would be fine for you. The used 188 that Tony (Low Brass Werks) has seems to a good deal. If you buy a good used horn you will get a much larger percentage of your original investment back if you decide in the future that you want something different. For now any of these will be better than what you are playing and will be more than sufficient through college, and beyond.

Follow Ups: