Re: Rehearsal Horror Stories

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris Cole on July 06, 2002 at 23:47:58:

In Reply to: Rehearsal Horror Stories posted by Larry Zaidan on July 05, 2002 at 17:32:13:

Well, my first year in high school band, we did a show with a circus theme. This show opened up with the sousaphone solo from 'Barnum'. After the solo was over my section leader would take off his sousaphone and grab his marching tuba, and join the rest of the section.
One day, during a rehersal on a football field, as opposed to the practice lot, all this took place as normally would, however later in the show, the director stops the band, and i hear my section leader swearing.
The trombone section leader while marching backwards, marched right over the sousaphone, and because, "it was five yards off", according to him, got really mad and after already marching over it once, decided that kicking it a couple of yards would help out.
Come to find out later, the whole trombone section was marching five yards off...hmmm...
Anyway, damage to the horn...well, it needed a complete overhaul, including the bent valve stems.
When can you tell you have too many pridefully arrogant trombone players in your band?
Depends on how many you already have in the deep-freeze.

Follow Ups: