Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rehearsal Horror Stories

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Oh, I see.... on July 07, 2002 at 11:59:06:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rehearsal Horror Stories posted by js on July 07, 2002 at 00:33:47:

"My concern for the situation was no less than the touring musicians who created the situation through their decision to not develop a proper book" So you had a big chip on your shoulder from the outset? And, if they don't care enough to put a book together that gives you license to do a poor job?

...."the conductor changed his mind [without admitting it] about where I was to play and not to play all week". Did you ever, during the week long run of the show, go to the conductor (at intermission, for example, when it wouldn't upset YOUR schedule) and get clarification about when to play? Did you make ANY effort at all to make sure that you could perform this mess properly, or did you just sit back and let it all happen? Were you sure that the griping you heard from the podium was directed at you, or did you just make arbitrary decisions about when to play? Clearly, your self-made decisions were the wrong ones, yet YOU were upset that the conductor finally blew up?

Once again, I must question your professionalism, Joe. There is only one person ultimately responsible for the performance on your chair, and that is YOU. You could have taken care of business, but you didn't. You say, "I guess my professionalism was at no lower level than that of those in charge". Is that your standard? Play down to the level of those around you? Don't even make an effort, and then berate a conductor who has had to tell you again and again when to play?

But it's OK, you've played much worse....

Follow Ups: