Re: grade issues and grad school / job(long)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bryan on July 15, 2002 at 12:27:50:

In Reply to: grade issues and grad school / job(long) posted by Distraught in NY on July 15, 2002 at 12:11:47:

Just to make you feel better, and I'm sure some will disagree, but you ARE a performance major. Classes and GPAs don't matter....to a degree. I just went through the entire grad school situation last semester and my rule when it came to school was as long as my cumulative GPA was above a 3.0 I had no problems (this was my personal standard which I held my own academics too). I did (do) have an F on my transcript from a class, but I got into my first choice grad school. My GPA was over a 3.0, but to be honest, I'm pretty sure my grades were not a factor in accepting me, considering my grad school is a conservatory. I can tell you for a fact that a university (I.U., Michigan) will definitely hold you accountable for your grades. If your cum. GPA is good, I don't think one F will make the difference, especially with an excuse like yours. If your GPA is good and your were applying to an I.U. or Michigan/Arizona school, then a good explanation to the teacher (and a good audition) would have them gunning for you and help you get in. Hope this helps put your mind at ease a bit.

Follow Ups: