Re: Re: Tiptoe around the webmaster

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Swanee River on July 15, 2002 at 17:22:16:

In Reply to: Re: Tiptoe around the webmaster posted by Anthony on July 15, 2002 at 16:18:00:

"The same CANNOT be said for certain moderators of the other popular online tuba/euphonium forum, who force people to tiptoe around certain(often musically relevant) topics on a regular basis."

Popular?

The Lesser Mind Team of that "other" forum with a sheer unbelievably degree of hard work and dedication has managed to kill any life on their list. Diminishing list activity considerably compared to last year. Not to mention a comparison towards 2000.

Politically, professionally, pedagogically, and personally I always have had an open heart and mind towards people/students/kids with sub-normal personal gifts. But I hardly ever have been caught in the process of promoting them to managerial posts (yes, as a union representative/trustee of my colleagues/chairman of the pedagogical council I once failed badly. Higher powers took care of that. By the way I am the one still alive).

The Great Swane

PS: On a "third party" brass list a poor person with an immense level of sarcasm and humour recently issued this statement:

"go to TubaEuph on Yahoo! Groups. They are the foremost
tuba-euphonium forum on the Internet".

No, by any sane and objective standards TubeNet is the place, where things happen tubawise. Despite "contributors" like RD, JS, and KB (mentioned in decreasing order of fatality).

PPS: I do own no sense of humour, irony, or sarcasm myself, so of course this text is to be read as if it were.

Follow Ups: