Re: Effie Suite w/ woodwind quintet!?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by lisa on July 24, 2002 at 21:04:26:

In Reply to: Effie Suite w/ woodwind quintet!? posted by Winton on July 24, 2002 at 18:27:12:

I read this with some friends who were in a woodwind quintet at a music camp. It was just for fun and reading purposes, we never performed it or anything, I was just interested and since I had played the piece decided to go in on it. From what I remember I thought it was orchestrated nicely, and if I remember correctly wasn't too technically difficult. (It's been awhile though, so I might be wrong. My opinions may also be skewed. I haven't seen or heard the work since, so I surely am not the best source.)

I have the other suites in my music collection, but honestly have only studied the Effie Suite in depth. I've read the others, and I would guess to say, at least in my opinion, that they are similar in difficulty. Although they are named for friends of Wilder, (members of Harvey's family I think), the movements are not titled programmatically like the Effie Suite is. I've only played the first suite in performance, but the others seem like they would be good pieces to perform. These should be available for purchase, at least they were a few years ago.

Hope this helps.

Follow Ups: