Re: rudy 4/4

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by C.D.Rom on July 25, 2002 at 14:45:10:

In Reply to: rudy 4/4 posted by ahmnon on July 23, 2002 at 10:27:11:

I just upgraded my equipment, I had a B&S PT20PS, liked the sound, did not like the design, couldn't reach the first valve slide. I have since sold it and got lucky with some money and bough a 3/4 and 5/4 Rudy. I LOVE them, they have the usual intonation probs described by the others (3rd space G). But the fix the other guys offer works. I have found my 5/4 to be slightly easier to play in tune than the 3/4 but both hands down beat any other CC I have tried. I absolutely LOVE the second valve slide trigger!! I haven't needed to pull my first valve slide yet, although if I had it is easily reached, and all the adjusting I do is with that 2nd valve trigger. A friend of mine has the 4/4 Rudy, and if I had the money I would complete my set just because I like them so well. I haven't tried the F tubas yet, I have the Yamaha 822 f and love it. In my humble opinion, if you don't have a prejudice against rotors, you can't go wrong with Rudolf Meinl. I tried the Piston version at brasswind and didn't like the valve section they had, if they improved the pistons, would be a great horn as well.

C.D. Rom

Follow Ups: