Yamaha 67B4 MP turned for Bass TBone FS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marty Neilan on July 25, 2002 at 21:58:09:

I am selling a Yamaha 67B4 tuba mouthpiece that has had the shank both turned down and shortened to fit a bass trombone. It was gold plated, but the plating is wearing. There are no deep nicks in the rim. This is an excellent mouthpiece for the tuba player who occasionally doubles on bass trombone (or euphonium).

Per Yamaha, the 67B4 tuba mouthpiece has a 'large inner rim diameter with a shallow cup - easy playability with a bright tone - particularly easy high notes and clear lows - perfect for F instruments'. When used on a bass trombone it gives a large dark but resonant sound and excellent low register, while still allowing higher register accessibilty. It plays with good pitch on a bass trombone, you just need to push the tuning slide in about 1/8" more than with a smaller conventional bass trombone mouthpiece to compensate for its added size. I am selling it because I am now spending a lot more time on bass bone and have been using a Yeo mouthpiece since the beginning of the year.

The price is $40.00 firm and includes priority mail shipping to the United States only. EMail martyneilan(AT)yahoo.com for more info

Follow Ups: