Re: Re: BESSON BASS TROMBONE FOR SALE

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on July 30, 2002 at 09:32:01:

In Reply to: Re: BESSON BASS TROMBONE FOR SALE posted by Lee Stofer on July 30, 2002 at 08:28:15:

I have a similar Besson sovereign in-line bass bone, albeit only in as much lacquer, as I have not removed yet.

As for it playability and beauty of sound it is a worldclass instrument, so confirmed by several competent players. That is as long one stays out of the double valve range. Low C and B natural are very much easier on my never King 7B. In my opinion the problem with the besson low range is, that the valve tubing not only is mostly in nickel silver, but also very heavy gauge nickelsilver. A true military parade instrument in hinsight of sturdiness. This calls for a very strong, consistent, and well calibrated air support. If one ptactises crescendos on these low notes, one will not have to pay money to go to the gym. that is a real workout.

But there really is something special to that Besson bell. A pro symph bass bone player had his Bach/Thayer modified, so, that he could use 3 different bells: the Bach, the Besson Sovereign, and the King Duo Gravis.

As I also am a great fan of the Besson slide, I have no plans to sell my sample.

Klaus

Follow Ups: