Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: State of Classical Music?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Leland on July 08, 2003 at 12:05:34:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: State of Classical Music? posted by Chuck(G) on July 06, 2003 at 23:04:04:

Kinda like in "Office Space", when they took a copier into a field and smashed it to bits "gangsta style".

I wasn't a witness to it, but my late grandmother's piano had to be put down, so to speak. It was in such disrepair that it had to be taken out of its misery in the backyard. My mom says that it was a tragic, awful, sad sound, but terribly funny at the same time.

All the piano smashing & tux burning is fun, true. What he has to say about the classical music scene, I felt, NEEDED to be said. Elitist musicians & their dwindling audiences can go ahead and play themselves out of the public eye, as far as I'm concerned. One of the most rewarding performances I've had lately was when we took a few minutes out of our Friday rehearsal and played for spectators at a street parade on July 4th. I'll guarantee that better than 95% of the crowd had never seen us before, and every one of them had huge smiles on their faces when we were done. No tuxes, either.

Follow Ups: