OUCH...:( ...HERE'S A FUNNY STORY

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by :..( on July 23, 2003 at 14:47:19:

so i got home from church and took my tuba out of the car as normal...i only have a Tuxedo bag for her...i put it over my shoulder and i was walking towards the door...it was sprinkling just a very little...but here in Florida that doesn't mean anything....all of a sudden it started to pour down...i took one of those hop-skip-step to the door...and *BOP*...i tapped the bell...i didn't think much of it cause i didn't hit her very hard...but i checked the horn anyway...as i unzipped the lid and began to pull it back i didn't see anything...then i saw IT........A BELL WRINLKE/CREASE
....IT WAS HORRIFYING.....actually it wasn't too bad (ill have someone post pictures)
so anyway...my repair guy is out of town...so i go to the back-up guy...it's a local music shop (mostly guitar stuff) but they do all the schoolboard stuff (student line instruments) but the head repair tech is a Great guy and a Great repair-man...so he fixes it up in no time...only charges me 10 bucks...back in to the bag she goes, i put her on my back ( no more shoulder strap for me), i'm on my way to the front counter to pay-up and i stop to say hi to a friend...THEN a GUITAR guy turns around to leave and with his guitar in its hardcase...he hits my tuba...:(...so anyway...my repair guy fixes it for free and i go home

and now i am on a quest for a tuba hard-case...anyone have a used case to fit a Rudi 4/4 rotor...18" bell...36-37" long....that would be great...

i would also like to know about all the different hard-cases...

Walt Johnson
UniTec
Winter
MTS
SKB
and i know that Rudi has some cases too
and any others you guys and gals know of

thanx, TubaMn98(AT)yahoo.com

Follow Ups: