Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Strauss Horn con. #1 by Ted Cox

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wade on July 30, 2003 at 19:29:41:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Strauss Horn con. #1 by Ted Cox posted by Alex C on July 30, 2003 at 18:01:18:

You ask:

"Do you love Mississippi yet?"

And I reply:

I love Mississippi the way that Don Rickles loves his source material.

Howwzat??

My bills are getting paid. I make a good living from the MSO. I am moving to Belhaven on Friday, which I am pretty excited about. I might buy a home there if I decide to stay here at the end of this season (my 11th!!!)

I am going through a divorce. (Yes, the woman that you met when I bought the 641 from you a few years back.)

Mississippi holds many mixed memories and feelings for me, mostly bad. But, truth be told, I will probably stay if the gobshites on our Board can convince me that we will be solvent and in no real $$$ trouble for a LONG while (like maybe 8 or 10 years...)

We are getting a nice new shell in our hall (millions of dollahs) which ought to make work a bit more fun.

We do the REAL (uh, rental...) Symphonic Dances from West Side Story on 10/25, as well as the full Fanfare from La Peri; our Guest Artists will be the Canadian Brass. Should be good.

Mississippi is a mixed bag of candy and dog poop. And at times it has been difficult to determine what is what. Ugh. At least we are getting paid full checks and none are bouncing right now. I am glad to have a job.

Wade

Follow Ups: