Re: rudolf meinl cc

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe S. on June 09, 1999 at 21:01:02:

In Reply to: rudolf meinl cc posted by Tubagirl on June 07, 1999 at 23:49:52:

I have owned and seriously played a RM 4/4 CC, and traded an instrument that played better in tune to get it, because I liked the sound. You must know, however, that many RM's are sharp in the 6th and 8th partials, which dictates some work on your part. On the particular one that I owned, another note, g above middle c, was SO sharp as to be unusable without a crazy fingering. I don't know if you intend on pushing yours that hard. In spite of the (possible) sharp range all the way from g in the staff up to middle c, I still like those horns a lot. Use a tuner extensively and do some soul-searching before forking over the do-re-mi, as it were, on the RM.

The inner diameter of the slide tubes on the RM 4/4 is .770". The RM 3/4 bore is UNDER 3/4" (under .750"). If there is any other doubt as to the model, find someone to measure the inside of the #1,#2,#3, or #4 slide tubing with a dial calipers, or carefully lay a quality ruler across the end of one of these tubes and see whether the inside of it measures GREATER THAN or LESS THAN 3/4". (too much information, sorry).

Follow Ups: