Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: orchestral recordings

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on June 11, 1999 at 18:40:51:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: orchestral recordings posted by Dave on June 11, 1999 at 14:06:47:

Lighten up Dave!!!

I'm under NO delusion of grandeur about my posts on this BBS. And my name doesn't "rhyme" with the name of a current professional tubist, I AM a current professional tubist. What difference does this make? None. People read my comments, just like they read any others here and they do with them as they please. Sean hit it exactly on the head when he said people listen to posts on this BBS based on the degree to which they trust the poster. You earn that trust by your statements here, not by what you say you do at home. I think you're very wrong about this BBS being tolerant of anonymous postings. Every time I've seen it come up, the poster was derided, sometimes alot, for not having the courage to sign his/her name. I'm on this BBS for the same reasons I suspect everyone else here is. To have a good time and maybe learn some things. To that end, Sean's BBS has really been a big success in my mind and I'm grateful he takes the time to allow someone in the far southeast corner of the United States a window into the rest of the country.

Please explain to me how there can be "ass-kissing" over the internet. I can truthfully relate that I haven't been kissed once though the idea intrigues me in a sick sort of way. All kidding aside, I can't imagine what you're seeing or feeling that nobody I've heard has mentioned. You weren't attacked in any way, shape, or form. In fact, your original post could have been viewed as an attack on what I posted. Me personally, I hate it when people go away misunderstanding what I say and, potentially, misrepresenting what I say to others. That is why I responded to your post in the way that I did, trying to set you straight on what I posted and what it meant. It really appeared to me, from reading your response, that you truly misunderstood what I posted. If this constitutes a "gang assault" or being told you're "naive and full of crap" then I'm seriously out of touch with reality.

This BBS is about as equal as life gets. Anyone can pop in and say what they think and be respected to varying degrees based only on what they post. The ultimate performance environment! I encourage you to take advantage of the opportunity!!!

Follow Ups: