Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: orchestral recordings

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe S. on June 11, 1999 at 22:17:00:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: orchestral recordings posted by Sean Chisham on June 11, 1999 at 20:01:56:

I am just a jerk with a great tuba, and some ability. The older I get, the better I feel like I play (probably because I am going deaf ;^), and the easier playing the tuba seems to become. The ease with which I have been able to play, especially in recent years, is a joyous blessing which stimulates my enthusiasm for performance, and which allows me to express myself without thinking so much about the precious piece of equipment that is sitting in my lap. Someone has already given ME a good "blasting" due to my presumptuous statements, but I am still hangin' around (I think his name was Ellis. He did a good job on me. I would like to buy him a beer at the next T.U.B.A. wing-ding.) because I like all of the inquiries, the aspiration, the entertaining over-inflated egos (yours truly in this club, but not particularly entertaining), the newsy and surprising posts, and sometimes being able to solve someone's problem very quickly, or maybe offer them some junk that they need for a cheap price.

One reason that I have offered such impassioned speeches about finding that "magical tuba" is because I actually found one. -- They DO exist. If YOU have found one, you know why I keep saying to not worry too much about the money that it might take to get it. The joy is worth it, 1000 fold. Even if it is technically a "bad deal" financially (ie: "So and so is selling this "same model" for $xxx less."), you only paid "too much" money for it once, and that "magical tuba" is yours forever!

I think, in person, all of us would like each other very much, and be far more than civil. Written words lack the inflections, factial expressions, toungue-in-cheek tones, sincerity, and other things that complete communication. We should always give each other the benefit of the doubt. When I was first on here, I got into a tease-fest with someone. I didn't think much of it, and I assume that he didn't either.

One reason that I post way too often on here is that I click on this site every time I get online. This is a great site. Don't shut it off. It's a quiet-loud party.

Follow Ups: