Re: orchestral recordings

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim B. on June 13, 1999 at 17:42:23:

In Reply to: orchestral recordings posted by John on June 10, 1999 at 15:27:40:

Here are a few sites that you can visit and spend a couple of weeks at and listen to some free samples: www.amazon.com, www.twec.com, www.bmg.com, and www.columbiahouse.com. Go under the classical music category. Here are a few orchestra/conductor combinations that are worth checking out: New York Phil./Z. Mehta, with recordings dating from '79 to present(CBS Masterworks label), New York/Bernstein(rec. '78 or 79 to Bernstein's death(Deutsche Grammophon label), Berlin Philharmonic/Karajan(DG label), Berlin Philharmonic/Levine(DG label), The Metropolitan Opera Orchestra/Levine(DG label), Montreal Symphony Orchestra/Dutoit(London label), Israel Philharmonic/Bernstein(DG label), Chicago Symphony Orchestra/Reiner(RCA Victor/Living Stereo label), Chicago Symphony Orchestra/Sotli(London label), Vienna Phil./Bernstein(DG label) or Solti(London label).........I just realized the list can go on and on and on...so, with that in mind, I hope this can point you in the right direction. If you would like for me to list some specific recordings, e-mail me and I will be happy to send you a list

p.s. this is my first post and I have been visiting this site for a long, long time. Keep up the good work Sean!!

Follow Ups: