Re: Yamaha, or not Yamaha

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Maria on June 16, 1999 at 18:19:20:

In Reply to: Yamaha, or not Yamaha posted by Jon on June 16, 1999 at 15:29:28:

I think it's just all a matter of preference. I have a yamaha 621 F and love the way it sounds, but I really dislike the sound of some other models of yamahas. Maybe I just think this, but the quality(IMHO) isn't always consistant. My school(well former school now) owns a 822 F, and it sounds kinda bad and stuffy compared to some other 822's I have tried. I think alot of people dislike yamaha because they make everything, like chainsaws and motorcycles, but who cares. Plus, everyone gets on the student line, but now that I think of it, their student line is much better than other mass name brands. I mean, you dont see a Hirsbrunner or Perantucci student line of horns, so nobody can pick on them, so they result to naggin' on yammies. If you love your horn, and everything about it, that's all that matters. Yamaha does sound distinctly different than say a Nirschl or Yorkbrunner, and yamaha does sound much brighter than alot of tubas, but don't think that brighter is badder, because in a way it's better(my opinion again) because it isnt so dark,the general audience can hear is clearly and not just feel it.

Maria Wachter

Follow Ups: